Denise D. Ondrejcak MS RD LDN
I am a Registered Dietitian who consults with clients who have love/hate issues with food and eating—emotionally, spiritually and physically. INTUITIVE EATING is the prime objective.
INTUITIVE EATING IS FINDING BALANCE— EMOTIONALLY, SPIRITUALLY AND PHYSICALLY— WITH FOOD. It takes rehearsal, trust in the acting coach, experimenting with cues that you never took before, adventure in self discovery of your character, nurturing the ingénue—YOU!
- are families and children who are overweight, who have high cholesterol or high blood pressure.
- have a medical condition that necessitates a change in the way they eat for their health. Examples: Diabetes, Hypercholesterolemia, Kidney disease.
- are people who are ready to tackle their struggles with disordered eating and body image. To boldly discover and trust their own body, mind and spirit. To reacquaint themselves with the intuitive eater they once were.
- are awaiting or recently had weight loss surgery.
- are athletes who want to maximize their performance.
- are children who are picky eaters, or who have ADHD or compulsive behaviors that affect mealtime, family dynamics not to mention their own health issues.
- are single, couples, individuals or groups, incorporated or in the community who need a coach to take the confusion and yes, the fear, out of what to eat to lose weight, or to get better glycemic control for their diabetes, or how to help themselves or someone they love with disordered eating.
I construct meal plans; I go out to dinner to help with menu choices; I teach cooking; I go grocery shopping; I help clean out pantries; I listen. I am a nutritional therapist. BUT YOU DO THE WORK!
- Licensed dietitian/nutritionist (LDN) in the state of Tennessee.
- Received Master’s degree in Human Nutrition at the University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg, MS in 1995.
- Member of Tennessee Dietetic Association., Nashville District Dietetic Association, and Eating Disorder Coalition of Tennessee
- Clinical Dietitian at Southern Hills Medical Center (SHMC), Nashville, working with patients in the hospital who may need enteral or parenteral nutrition (tube feedings and intravenous feedings) or who need a diet instruction or a multivitamin for wound healing.
- I have taught at SHMC with outpatients in a 12 session weight loss class or individually with clients regarding their health issues that include medically necessitated weight loss.
- I have worked with patients in pre and post weight loss surgery. I have also worked with Chronic Renal Insufficiency patients on hemodialysis.
- I consult for patients of Mercy Children’s Clinic in Franklin, TN and also for Odyssey Hospice, Inc., Nashville.
- Water fitness instructor certified through USWFA for 20+ years (Adaptive/Therapeutic and Fitness).